About Me

My photo
Milton, Ontario, Canada

Monday, February 23, 2009

Weekend!

What a weekend. I'm thinking more and more that I don't really care to track all of my food so much as talk about my running progress. Hmm. Saturday I did not run at all. I was at our local mall all day receiving registrations for the Women's Softball league I play in. I am also the treasurer of the league. It was not that long of a day because I got to chit chat with many of the ladies from the league and there were two of us manning the booth so to speak. I ate okay that day: food court lunch (Japanese stir fry) and for dinner the husband made pasta with chicken sausage, onion, tomatoes, feta and spices. It was good. We also had Caesar salad.

Sunday was a great day! I got up early and went to 8:30am mass then came home, had coffee with my boys and took the little one to WalMart for a few ($75 worth - it goes fast, eh?) things. We came home and ate sandwiches and leftover salad for me, pea soup and fresh bread for the kid and sandwiches for the husband. When the kid napped I put in 50 mins on the treadmill for 6.76km! Woot! I felt GREAT! I REALLY hope that when I get outdoors I don't get the shin splints like I did last spring. I really do feel a bit bored on the treadmill (although watching reruns of the Biggest Looser helped) and I think running outdoors would help. I also did 10 and 1s yesterday just for kicks! HA! I reduced my speed by 0.2 for every 10 and it really helped to push me through. I am averaging my 5km around 37:30 so I'm not very close to my 30 min goal, but it feels damn good to get it in at all. Dinner consisted of Thai rice and Thai beef stir fry from Eat, Shrink and be Merry. Post dinner (aka OSCARS) consisted of salt and vinegar chips, cherry blasters and cosmos. I only drank two cosmos because I ran out of lime juice and cointreau. Thank goodness, otherwise I would have been hung over as all get out this morning.

So, I'd say it was a good weekend. The only bad/sad part was realizing that I'm not going to make my monthly 60km goal. I've come to terms with it though. I'm going to keep running at my every other day/three times a week schedule and not kill myself to get it in. It is not like I'm training for something so I can afford to have this attitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining in the conversation!