About Me

My photo
Milton, Ontario, Canada

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

I did it!

I signed up for the Bread and Honey 5k race on Sunday at 8am! Yippee! I'm having a tough time trying to decide what to target: either a time close to (e.g. no more that 32:00) my Mississauga Marathon 5k or a full 5k run (which I can breeze through on the treadmill, but have yet to do outdoors). I know that the Mississauga course was all downhill, but this course looks very, very flat . I really don't want to set myself up for disappointment, especially seeing as it'll be a 8am start and I'll likely have a late night the one before, but at the same time, I don't want to go into it with NO goals whatsoever.

Sigh!

I did manage to get 6.4k in on the treadmill tonight (man, but SYTYCD is amazing for treadmill runs!) and the rest of the week is pretty solid in terms of exercise. Oh well, I'll just see what Sunday brings!

2 comments:

  1. You've had some great runs since Mississauga. Go for that PB! There's no such thing as disappointment, just motivation to try again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just run it as hard as you can and you cant lose. I did the 15k last year, pretty good race but was very hot out.
    Good Luck

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining in the conversation!