About Me

My photo
Milton, Ontario, Canada

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Halfway to my goal

If you scroll down you will see a ticker which is counting the KM's I've run this year. I've finally been able to run enough to get over halfway to my 600km goal.

w00t!

I get that this is a very small goal compared to some other runners that I follow, but my main race goal this year in terms of distance is 10km, so I'll be very happy if (when) I hit 600km.

Speaking of races, I've decided to register for the Oasis Zoo 10k Run on October 17th. This is a bittersweet registration for me as it means I'm not pregnant (again!) this month. It does however mean that I will add another PB to my roster for 2009! Yippee!

In running news, I ran just under 9km with Sarah on Sunday and ran 8km on my own on Tuesday (longest alone distance ever!). The 8km on my own was amazing. I started out at 7:50am under the cover of clouds and blew past the heavy first day of school traffic trying to get out of my subdivision. I plan a repeat tomorrow.

I'm currently on staycation which is what is making these morning runs possible. If only I didn't commute 3 hours to work each day, I could run like this every other morning!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on reaching the half way point! Nice job on the 9K and 8K too! It would be a lot easier to fit the miles in if we didn't have to work, wouldn't it?

    I think you'll really enjoy the zoo run.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are going to hit your goal. I always run alone, but often think about how neat it would be to have someone to talk to. Knowing you have that race coming up will really keep you at it. Great job.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining in the conversation!