About Me

My photo
Milton, Ontario, Canada

Monday, November 30, 2009

And so it begins...

Goals do a wonderful thing to motivation.

Last week I ran a total of 20.5km.

I'm sure this is a record for me.

I'm very proud of that total even though it is no where near to the mileage that some of the 'serious' runners I 'know' do every week.

This time last year, I would have been happy to run 12-15k in a week. Now, just over 20k doesn't seem like enough.

I'm having a hard time fitting it all in, but the point is I'm fitting in runs where and when I can. Last week I ran Tuesday and Thursday evening and did a longer run with Sarah on Saturday. I had great plans to begin this week with a 4-5k run on Sunday but to be honest, my feet (the bottom of my left heel to be exact) were hurting badly.

Sarah thinks that it is time for me to purchase new shoes. I'm assuming she's right. My shoes were purchased over a year ago and have logged over 100 trips to Curves and over 400km. Currently I have New Balance (737's I think) and I like them. I have orthotics, so I need shoes that allow the sole to be removed and in the past 3 pairs of shoes, NB's have never let me down. I think a trip to a specialty store is in order though. Why not let the experts fit me correctly instead of buying the NB's that are on sale.

So, depending on how cold it actually is tomorrow at lunch (and how busy I am), I'll either put another dent in the remaining 94k or I'll shop for shoes and run on the treadmill after dinner. Either way, the 500k goal has re-ignited the motivation that was sorely lacking for a few weeks.

1 comment:

  1. wow you definitely stretched those shoes out! hope a new pair helps make the motivation fire even stronger. stick with it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining in the conversation!