About Me

My photo
Milton, Ontario, Canada

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Okay, so I'm not teh krazy...

There is no way on "God's green earth" (do you remember my love of Survivor? That's a quote from this past week) that I can run over 200km in 38 days.

It was a good thought this afternoon and it got me off of my ass tonight and plowed me through 6.1km on the treadmill, but really?

I can't do it.

I'd likely injure myself.

That's not the real reason though.

The real reason why I can't run over 200km in just 5 weeks is because of two things that are directly related:

1) I like to drink
2) Tis the season

Now don't get me wrong, I can not drink. I mean, I made it through a pregnancy and a year of breastfeeding, but when the reason isn't the health of my kid, I don't like to give up the grog.

So, I've revised my goal.

I will run 500km this year and I started tonight.

I have to run just over 2.9km every day for the next 37 to meet the goal. This means that if I run 6k every other day, I'm gold. If I get out on the weekends for 10k runs, I'm way ahead.

And, I can take those nights off to enjoy the wine/rye/gin etc of the season as well.

I like this plan. I can't wait to see it happen.

1 comment:

Thanks for joining in the conversation!