About Me

My photo
Milton, Ontario, Canada

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

A runner is born!

Tonight, my husband was home from work early and I was cooking prime rib for supper,

(What? doesn't everyone have prime rib on Tuesday? - It was still frozen solid when we tried to have it Sunday and Monday nights are a write off due to lessons)


so I was able to jump on the treadmill for a 30 minute run without having to watch the monitor for a crying baby the entire time (whee - I could enjoy "Say Yes to the Dress"). Needless to say, I was stoked to be able to hop on and bang out 30 minutes doing 3 and 1s.

What I didn't count on was my own personal cheering squad:



You guessed it. My almost four year old son decided to come down to the basement with me to watch me on the treadmill. I didn't think he'd last five minutes (as our basement is an unfinished abyss without toys or anything fun), however he spent his time alternating between cheering me on ("Go Mummy, go!"), "running" beside me and playing with the cat (I do think he watched a bit of "Say Yes to the Dress" as well). When I was finished, he jumped on the treadmill and banged out a minute at a 1.5 pace, "jumping" to the sides to have a drink and wipe his sweaty face.

I can't wait to race with him.

Nov 9: 30 mins, 3 and 1s, 3.7k
Nov 4: 30 mins, 3 and 1s, 3.7k

1 comment:

  1. too cute! glad he was able to get in his run after you :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining in the conversation!