About Me

My photo
Milton, Ontario, Canada

Friday, December 10, 2010

Race day cometh!

And I'm not prepared.

The good news is that neither is my racing partner!

We've decided that we are just going to go out for fun, bring our camera's and enjoy running with 2,800 other Santa's!

Secretly, I'm hoping for a 40 minute run, but I've promised not to leave my friend who has asthma and has run less than I have so we'll see how it goes.

My running has gone down the drain because I spent a week sick with a chest cold and infection. I was given penicillin for it, but then the baby started to get hives, so I had to stop taking it and just ride out the cold. It turns out that the drugs likely didn't cause the hives (phew!) as he kept getting them even after I had stopped. Oh well.

I ran on Wednesday and I felt strong, but could feel that breathing was a bit hard. I'm worried about running in the cold, but the forecast for tomorrow is 4C so I think I'll be fine.

I'm looking ahead to the Frosty 5k in March as some other friends of mine are looking to run it. In the meantime, the goal is to keep running twice a week through the holiday's and then to train for distance and stamina in the new year before starting to prepare for the half marathon in May.

I'll let you know how we do and share some photos of our race on Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining in the conversation!