About Me

My photo
Milton, Ontario, Canada

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

11 Randoms

I was tagged by Robin and Caroline and here are my answers!

Here are the rules:

1. Post these rules
2. You must post 11 random things about yourself
3. Answer the questions set for you in their post
4. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer
5. Go to their blog and tell them you’ve tagged them
6. No stuff in the tagging section about you are tagged if you are reading this. You legitimately have to tag 11 people!

So, 11 Random things about me:

1. I’m growing out my hair and CAN’T wait until I can put it in a ponytail again. I always lose my hair post partum so I always chop it off.





About a month post partum with great hair (before it started falling out)



By five months, my hair was all gone!




My last haircut - in December!


2. I used/use cloth diapers for my babies – our favorite brand is Fuzzi Bunz
3. I have a Bachelor of Fine Arts from York University – my major was Theatre history, theory and directing with a minor in Film and TV history and theory
4. I work as a media strategist at a big Canadian bank
5. I played zero sports in high school but was a competitive dancer, attending tournaments in Las Vegas and Florida
6. The longest distance I ever ran before I took up running at age 30 was 800 meters in grade six
7. Recently I’ve reduced my make up to just mascara and powder (because I have blond eyelashes)
8. I rarely wear make-up Friday-Sunday unless we are going somewhere important (grocery shopping doesn’t count)
9. I only JUST bought my first lululemon running item (long sleeved top) and I LOVE IT!
10. I love major league baseball – go Jays!
11. My dream job would be to work in the marketing department of the Toronto Blue Jays

From Robin:

1)What is the worst thing you've ever eaten? I can’t really think of anything right now – I tried quinoa as breakfast last week and it was gross despite the brown sugar and cinnamon
2) What is the most exotic place you've ever visited? Hmm – I’ve been to New Zealand and I’ve been to Australia, but I’m going to go with the Carcross Desert in the Yukon
3) If you won the lottery what would be the most important thing you did with the money? I’d do something that would help children – especially hungry children
4) Biggest pet peeve? People who show up at a meeting late – always
5) Are you a commuter to work? Yes, I take the Go Train – Whee 3 hour commute a day in total.
6) Favourite TV show? I love Amazing Race and Top Chef
7) Do you get enough sleep? Not lately – Fergus woke up at 4am today (I did lay on his floor until 515 though)
8) Have you ever experienced what you think is a miracle? – I’ve had two kids
9) Biggest goal for 2012? – Finish the Mississauga marathon
10) Winter or summer? Fall
11) Favourite person – My husband and my sons – a three way tie

From Caroline:

1. What is your favorite brand of running shoes? I’ve only worn New Balance
2. Favorite book you have read recently? The Hunger Games Trilogy
3. Letterman or Leno? Letterman, but I never watch – I’m in bed by 10pm
4. How are you today? Tired!
5. Who is someone you admire? My neighbour Vivette – she’s amazing
6. Reality TV: yes? no? if yes...confess the worst...I won't tell anyone Yes! I like Survivor, Amazing Race, Top Chef, Chopped
7. What makes you laugh? My kids
8. Why are the Kardashians famous again? No idea - I’ve never watched those shows
9. Favorite Olympic moment? – Crosby’s goal
10. What is something you cannot stand? People who are always late for meetings
11. When is your next race? March 4th! Chilly Half Marathon

I will not be tagging anyone as pretty much every blog I read has been tagged!

2 comments:

  1. I can't imagine sweet quinoa. I've had it as like a rice at dinner. I'm curious about your post-parting hair loss -- it all fell out? But obviously grows back, so thats good. Is it a form of alopecia? That's what I have, minus the having-a-baby part. Unfortunately mine doesn't want to grow back :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great update/info! I have a 2:30 total commute on the Go Train daily as well (Bradford/Union)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining in the conversation!