About Me

My photo
Milton, Ontario, Canada

Monday, February 6, 2012

Mississauga Marathon Training – Week 5!

Rolling right along…

Monday: I did some core strength and inner thigh strengthening exercising while watching Top Chef Texas. I’m trying to get much better at getting this workout in.

Tuesday: Treadmill Tempo Tuesday! Another brilliant run on the treadmill at a 5:25/km pace. The pace is feeling easy and I’ve been running it for five weeks now. I’m going to increase (decrease?) it to 5:20/km starting in week six. 6.44k, 37:32

Wednesday: Free run night at Running Room. We had 10k with tempo on tap and I blasted through this tempo run, hitting 4:XX/km way too much and ending the tempo part with an average pace of 5:16/km! 10.15k, 1:00:19

Thursday: It was clinic night, but I ended up being stuck on the GO train for an extra 45 minutes as something was blocking the tracks. I missed the clinic and ended up putting my kids to bed before I headed out for an easy out and back run along Derry Road. I didn’t want to go, but I felt great running and was very happy that I stuck with the plan. 8k, 50:18

Friday: I’ve decided to work on stretching and strengthening to help me complete the training cycle and the marathon as best as I can. Based on this and the fact that I work from home on Friday, I was able to fit in an early morning BodyFlow class at my gym. The class is a combination of yoga, Tai Chi, and Pilates and I felt good to add this into my training.

Saturday: My husband took the kids and went to visit his parents in Cobourg and asked that I complete my long run while they were away. I was lucky that my friend Kerry also wanted to get her long run in on this day and we agreed to meet shortly after noon. I was a bit worried as I’ve never completed a LSD run mid-day, but I didn’t have anything to worry about. I was fueled perfectly having eating a croissant and peanut butter for lunch and I was dressed perfectly in a long sleeved top and vest (this February weather is AMAZING!). I didn’t take any of the gels I had packed and just drank a bit of sports drink near the end. Kerry joined me for 16k and I was able to get my full 20k in. 20k, 2:08:36

Sunday: Another brilliant day! I wanted to be sure that I got the kilometers in per the training plan so I executed my first ever recovery run post LSD. I started less then 24 hours after I had completed the 20k the day before but felt GREAT for the entire run. I concentrated on keeping my pace nice and easy and on running tall. 8k, 51:33

This was another great week of training. I’m actually starting to feel the need to run most days which is a nice feeling at this stage. Week six will see me run my longest LSD distance ever! Stay tuned to see how that goes!

Total KM: 52.59
Total Time: 5:28:18
Average pace per KM: 0:06:15

2 comments:

  1. Another awesome week! What a perfect weekend for running, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i need to stretch more too...i was doing really well but then got lazy. your post is reminding me i need to get back at it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining in the conversation!