About Me

My photo
Milton, Ontario, Canada

Monday, May 7, 2012

Mississauga Marathon Training Week 18

I know! Just the post you're waiting for!

I went into this last week of training feeling great! I had no mental taper issues going on and I was slowing building my confidence toward my marathon goals and strategy. I decided to enjoy the final three runs!

Monday: Rest

Tuesday: I worked non-stop all day and enjoyed a nice run around the neighbourhood after the boys were tucked into bed. The weather was wonderful and I just let my thoughts drift to how Sunday was going to be. 5.3k, 31:44

Wednesday: This was our last group run with the training group and we just headed around the lake once and home. Work was CRAZY again so I ended up eating a vector bar and having a half caf, non-fat latte before the run. Well, that was a mistake. I thought I would have to run the the bushes for the entire run and ended up walking with about 1k left for a few minutes. I ran with Paul and was again saddened to know we wouldn't be running together on Sunday. 8k, 49:58

Thursday, Friday: Rest

Saturday: A 20 minute shake out run around the block while the boys and friends played in the park. It was another beautiful morning for a run and I ran with a headband to test that out. I decided I'd stick with the hat on Sunday. I listened to some newer music that I had loaded onto my MP3 player and enjoyed the new tunes. 3.3k, 20:00

Sunday: Race day. If you think I'm giving anything away, you're crazy. Besides, its on the sidebar with the DailyMile link. Race report next. Promise. I'm just waiting for photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining in the conversation!