About Me

My photo
Milton, Ontario, Canada

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

What I Ate Wednesday - Marathon Edition



 
Another awesome edition of What I Ate Wednesday. As promised, this is what I ate the day of my first marathon!
 
First up was breakfast:
 

When we got to the start line, I ate a banana while I was waiting for the race to start. During the race, I had four of these:

And lots of water. After the 32k mark, I drank Gatorade as well.
When the race was over:

I ate a plain bagel and apple and drank a water. We also stopped for one of these:

I actually wasn't that hungry for the rest of the day. We had friends coming over for a dinner celebration and I had a quick snack before they came:
And then indulged in some well deserved beverages:

We ordered dinner as there was no way I was cooking:
And enjoyed the lovely desert that my friends brought:

Once everyone went home and I was relaxing on the couch, I took advantage by enjoying one of my all time favorite snacks along with lots more water:



And that is what I ate the day I ran my first marathon, May 6th, 2012. You can read all about the race here!

4 comments:

  1. Mmm that cake is fabulous looking! You definitely earned it...and the beer!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the best WIAW EVER!!!!!!! I'll have some of that cake please :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. girl, you rock my world. way to freakin' go with the marathon. what a HUGE accomplishment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. CONGRATS on your first marathon!!!! :D I'm no runner but long bouncy cardio like that always kills my appetite for the rest of the day. I always thought I was an anomaly!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining in the conversation!