About Me

My photo
Milton, Ontario, Canada

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

What I ate Wednesday





Sweet! This month's WIAW is one that I should have DOWN!

This post is actually brought to you by what I ate during the Canada Day Long Weekend!


Of course, I started with Breakfast! This is Canada Day breakfast (Sunday). 3/4 cup of Kashi Go Lean with 4% milk fat vanilla yogurt and farmer's market strawberries and blueberries.
I went for a 6.5k run after breakfast to get my fitness in!

Lunch from Saturday: Bakery croissant, deli ham, cheddar cheese

My best friend since highschool had a some friends and family over to celebrate Canada Day. It's not a party in Binbrook until the goat from next door comes over.

There was beer!
And swimming!

There were sparklers (and fireworks!)




I made these two items to bring to the potluck table (Pumpkin loaf and Butter tarts). I also made a veggie, feta and quinoa salad, pumpkin cheesecake squares and lemon-blueberry custard squares

We spend the night here:
Our new-to-us, pop-up trailer!

And then we enjoyed a great breakfast of eggs, sausage, toast, tea biscuits, waffles and coffee.

On the way to our trailer storage place, the kids fell asleep so we took advantage of a longer drive and enjoyed these:




Saturday night dinner was amazing! Fresh made farmer's market chicken and veggie pot-pies, fresh, shell-your-own sweet peas and oven fries!

Oh and the other thing we did this long weekend was get haircuts:
He wanted a "real life Mohawk," but settled for the faux variety.
And I decided to go blond for the summer! (see my raccoon eyes? That's from my 23k run on Friday morning. FITNESS!).

I hope you enjoyed a wonderful Canada Day weekend if you're Canadian. If you're from the US, I hope you enjoy the fourth of July today!







5 comments:

  1. Butter tarts with ice cream sound like my kind of thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like it was a fun weekend! I love pot pies but can never find any with just veggies anymore. Sad. I like your new hair colour. Looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i adore pot pie. did you make that? recipe please!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll bet that trailer is going to get a ton of use. Awesome!

    The blond looks great on you.

    And yup, I recognize those raccoon eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah for the trailer...lots of fun I'm sure! Love the blond too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining in the conversation!