About Me

My photo
Milton, Ontario, Canada

Friday, September 14, 2012

August Recap!


I had another great month in August! I continued to run when I could and didn't worry too much about the training plan. In fact, I only paid attention to the long run distance for the week and pretty much nothing else. While this makes me a bit worried about the Milton Half Marathon race this weekend in light of the goal I'm going to go after (detailed in my next post), I am happy to have allowed myself more freedom.

# of runs: 16

Longest run: 30k! A Midsummer Night's Run!

Races: A Midsummer Night's Run!

Total KM: 179.06 – A bit on the low side, but still not bad considering I only ran 16 of 31 days.

Total time spent running: 18h05m27s

Average pace per KM: 0:06:04

I continued to gain major confidence in my speed and ability to hold a challenging pace for a longer time. I just hope that this translates to success on Sunday! The Midsummer Night's Run was a challenging blast and it was nice to run a long race again. I'm already looking ahead to the off season after the Niagara Half Marathon though. There are lots of days that I just don't want to go out for that run. September is going well so far. My goal half marathon is this Sunday and I hope to push my limits and surpass expectations, but more on that later.

I hope you enjoyed a great month!

1 comment:

  1. Oh you're a tease :). Can't wait to hear what you decided. Great month of training!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining in the conversation!