About Me

My photo
Milton, Ontario, Canada

Saturday, July 6, 2013

June Recap!

June was a great month! I started my official Fall training plan and was able to ramp the mileage up again, close to 200k. I succeeded in hitting every run that I had planned on (knowing I'd lose a few to a camping trip) and am really, really embracing being a morning runner, getting pleasure from being able to claim that I've run, "10k before 6a"

# of runs: 21. Pretty good! I haven't missed one run since the training plan started on June 17th!

Races: One, the Bread & Honey 5k It wasn't quite the race I had hoped for, but I learned from it which is always good:


Highlight run of the month: This is a toughie! I'm going to say that it was the first 20k with tempo of the training plan. I was lucky to run this with Sam and Phil in Burlington. While the tempo part was hard and I had to walk for a minute during the 20 minute tempo part due to a cramp, it was just FUN to run WITH people!

Highlight non-run, but running bit of the month: I was selected to be the 3 hour continuous pacer for the 30k at A Midsummer Night's Run on August 17th. I can't wait and need to start putting my costume together!

Total KM run: 194.34. I have a goal to hit 2,400km this year and I'm just over that goal with six months to go. In fact, at the end of the month, I was at 50.8% of goal. I think I'll get there, but I need a few more quality months over 200k to help me get through the down season after October.

Time spent running: 18h34m23s

Average pace per KM: 0:05:44. Just a few seconds faster then last month which is great because it means I'm keeping my easy runs, EASY!

June was another great month. I'm so happy that my 0430 wake ups and early morning runs are working for me. Of course, I may not ever always jump out of bed, ready to get on the road, but I'm always so, so happy that I have!

Are you training for a fall race? Trying out a new plan? How was your June?

3 comments:

  1. Wow, speedy! I envy you. So happy for you to have had such a good month. Here's to a good July!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great month of training and great 5K race. That's awesome about being a bunny at the Midsummer Night's Run...you'll do great I'm sure, and you'll be such a fun pacer too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you had a great month! Here's to a great July too! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining in the conversation!