About Me

My photo
Milton, Ontario, Canada

Friday, January 24, 2014

Mississauga Marathon Training: Weeks 7 and 8!

Sorry, a little slow on the posting of this one, but you'll forgive me when you see why.

Monday January 6th: I didn't want to run. No way. I sucked it up and got it done though via the treadmill at lunchtime.
8k, 46:59

Tuesday January 7th: I hit the treadmill again, but this time at 0500. Watching sports highlights made this tempo run go smoothly. 10 minutes warm up, 4 x 4mins at 4:46/km with 3 mins active rest between and the rest to cool down. 10k, 56:12

Wednesday January 8th: I have no idea why I didn't get my run in. The plan was for another 10k.

Thursday January 9th: My first official day of vacation after a grueling 5 days back at work. LOL. As we were flying out on Friday morning, I took the day off in part so that I could get my long run in. The conditions were a bit brutal and I started out with my YakTrax. I got rid of them at 11.26km and risked the road from then on just to be able to run on smooth surface. The good news is that this was a late morning run, so the sun was shining and it made it feel way warmer. I sure sweated enough. 20k, 1:59:40



Friday, Saturday, Sunday:





We fly to Orlando (from Buffalo), spend a night at the airport hotel, board the Disney Fantasy with our friends and begin to have an amazing vacation!

Total KM: 38, Total Time: 3:42:51, Average Pace per KM: 0:05:52. 

Monday January 13th: I get in a short 3 mile run around the running deck. Its HOT and Windy! 4.83k, 27:00

View of the running deck from our room balcony. Always get a balcony on a cruise ship. Totally worth it!

Tuesday, Wednesday: Port days

Thursday January 16th: Another 3 miles post adult only brunch which was sluggish and HOT! 4.83k, 0:28:22

Friday January 17th: Castaway Cay 5k race! RunDisney event on their private island in the Bahamas. Ya, not a bad way to get a run in while on vacation. The run was on paved trail the entire time and was basically a double loop of the bike path. I'd recommend it to anyone who sails with Disney and has a stop on Castaway Cay. 5k, 26:15

Saturday, Sunday: Disembark, fly home, do laundry. It was a wonderful trip!

Total KM: 14.66k, Total time 1:21:37, Average Pace Per KM: 0:05:34.

So, it was a busy two weeks with not a lot of running, but totally justified! We can't wait for our next Disney Cruise!




1 comment:

  1. You did a race during a Disney Cruise?!? Where do I sign up!!??

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining in the conversation!